FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA AND FUNDACIÓN BIBLIOTECA VIRTUAL MIGUEL DE CERVANTES (henceforth "FBVMC") are the owners of the website www.essayandscience.com
1. In compliance with the obligation of disclosure under article 10 of Law 34/2002 of 11 July pertaining to Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, (Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y del Comercio Electrónico) the following details are provided:
The owners of this website are:
FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA, having its principal place of business at Gran Via, 32, Madrid, Spain, holding tax identification code B-28/983500, on file at the Madrid Companies Register (Registro Mercantil de Madrid) volume 485 (general entries), section 3 of the Companies Book, folio 36, sheet number 64,401, entry 1. Electronic mail address for correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
FUNDACIÓN BIBLIOTECA VIRTUAL MIGUEL DE CERVANTES, having its principal place of business at Plaza de Manuel Gómez Moreno 2, Edificio Mahou Anexo. Planta 3a., 28020 Madrid, Spain, holding tax identification code G-82975350 and on file at the Spanish Ministry of Culture's Registry of Foundations, entry 459 OM, dated September 3, 2001. Electronic mail address for correspondence: email@example.com
2. Any individual or company accessing and/or using this website operated by FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA AND FBVMC is given the status of USER and accepts these General Terms and Conditions of Use from the moment of such access or use.
3. The website www.essayandscience.com provides access over the Internet to a wide range of information, services, applications and data (henceforth "the content") owned by FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC or their licensors, to which the USER may gain access.
Although FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC act in good faith, they accept no direct or subsidiary liability in respect of any complaint arising out of the quality, reliability, accuracy or correctness of such content.
The USER assumes responsibility for the use of this website. Such responsibility extends to any registration required to access certain services or content. For the purposes of such registration the USER shall be responsible for providing accurate and lawful information. As a result of the registration, the USER may be given a password for which he or she shall be responsible and undertakes to use it diligently and in confidence.
The USER undertakes to make appropriate use of the content and services (e.g., chat rooms, discussion forums and newsgroups) offered by FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC via the website www.essayandscience.com, and, by way of illustration but without limitation, the USER shall not use such content and services to (i) carry on unlawful or illegal activities or activities contrary to good faith or public order; (ii) circulate material or propaganda of a racist or xenophobic nature or containing illegal pornography or constituting advocacy of terrorism or that are an affront to human rights; (iii) cause damage to the physical and logical systems of FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and/or FBVMC or of their suppliers or third parties, or introduce into or circulate over the network, computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems capable of causing such harm; or (iv) attempt to access and/or use the electronic mail accounts of other users, or modify or manipulate their messages.
FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC reserve the right to remove any and all comments or contributions that violates the right of human dignity or that are discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, pornographic, harmful to youth or children, harmful to public order or safety or, in their view, inappropriate for publication.
FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC shall in no case be responsible for opinions expressed by any user by means of the forums, chat rooms or other participation medium.
4. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC own, in their own right or as assignees or licensees, all intellectual property rights over their website www.essayandscience.com and the elements contained therein (including, inter alia, images, sound, audio, video, software or text; trademarks and logos, color combinations, structure and design, selection of materials, computer programs required for operation, access and use, etc.), which are the property of FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC or their licensors.
The USER undertakes to abide by the intellectual and industrial property rights of FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC. The USER may view the elements and contents of this website and even print them, copy them or store them on his or her computer's hard drive or any other physical data medium, provided that this be solely and exclusively for his or her own personal and private use. Accordingly, the processing, distribution, public communication, display or any other form of exploitation for commercial purposes and the modification, alteration or reverse-compilation thereof are strictly prohibited. The USER shall refrain from suppressing, altering, circumventing or manipulating any protection device or security system that may be installed on this website.
The USER shall likewise refrain from using the contents of this website for inclusion on another website.
5. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC accept no liability for any damages of any kind caused by, without limitation, errors or omissions in the content, unavailability of this website or transmission of viruses or malicious or harmful programs in the content, despite having taken all technical measures required to prevent such damage.
6. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC reserve the right to make any changes they think fit to this website without notice. They may modify, remove or add to the content and services provided via the website and change the manner in which such content and services are presented or located.
8. Should this website provides links or hyperlinks to other Internet sites, FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC shall exercise no control over such sites and their content.
FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC accept no responsibility for the content associated with any link to a third-party website, nor do they assure the technical availability, quality, reliability, accuracy, completeness, genuineness, validity or constitutionality of any material or information associated with any such hyperlink or any other Internet site.
Moreover, the inclusion of these outward connections shall not imply any manner of association, joint venture or partnership with the connected entity.
9. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC reserve the right at their discretion or at the behest of a third party and without notice, to deny or withdraw access to this website and/or the offered services to/from any user who is in breach of these General Terms and Conditions of Use.
10. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC will prosecute any person or entity who is in breach of these terms and conditions or makes any improper use of this website, and will institute all civil and penal actions to which they may be entitled in law.
11. FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA and FBVMC may at any time modify the terms and conditions set out herein, and any such change shall be duly published in the same manner as these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions shall be effective for as long as they are publicly displayed and until modified by other duly published terms and conditions.
12. Relations between FUNDACIÓN SANTILLANA-FBVMC and the USER shall be governed by applicable Spanish law, and any dispute shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the city of Madrid.